ORIGINS of KREWE
In 1856, six young Mobile natives saved the New Orleans Mardi Gras by forming the first KREWE. The Mistick Krewe of Comus, coined the word "krewe" and established several Mardi Gras traditions by forming a secret Carnival society, choosing a mythological namesake, presenting a themed parade with floats and costumed maskers, and staging a tableau ball.
Here in Roswell, the KREWE of Voilà was formed in the summer of 2015 at Voilà A Salon. This extraordinary group of volunteers has presented both the Roswell Mardi Gras Ball and the Voilà Mardi Gras Ball, each with its own theme:
- Bowties & Pearls ~ February 6, 2016
- Bourbon & Boas ~ February 25, 2017
- Pinstripes & Polka Dots ~ A Roaring 20's Party! ~ February 10, 2018
- CARNEVALE ~ A Night in Venice ~ March 2, 2019
- STARSTRUCK ~ A Night of Glamour! ~ February 22, 2020
- PARTYING on SUNSHINE! ~ February 13, 2021
- CELEBRATING MARDI GRINS! - "Tardi" Gras Ball - June 4, 2022
Our KREWE revels in planning new and exciting parties for our guests! In keeping with our sole beneficiary for 2023, Perfect Harmony Health, the 8th Annual Voilà Mardi Gras Ball will LAISSEZ L'HARMONIE ROULER!
Scott Law ~ Margie Powell
The Krewe of Voilà 2023
Haelie McGlon, Krewe Captain
Liz & Guy Scull